by Cole Pepper
August 5, 2013
In advance of the Jaguars preseason opener against the Dolphins on Friday, the team released its “unofficial depth chart.”
And Denard Robinson is all over it.
Robinson is listed as the 5th wide receiver on one side (behind Justin Blackmon, Ace Sanders, Jordan Shipley and Tobais Palmer), the third running back (behind Maurice Jones-Drew and Justin Forsett) and as the fifth quarterback (behind Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne, who are listed as co-number ones on the depth chart, Mike Kafka and Matt Scott.
During training camp, Robinson has lined up at all three positions. He is listed on the Jaguars roster as OW (offensive weapon) a position that the NFL doesn’t officially recognize. However, it must be pointed out that the NFL also does not recognize the LEO position that the Jaguars utilize to signify the open side defensive end. Jason Babin is the starter at that position for the Jaguars.
Other interesting notes from the depth chart:
- Mike Brown is listed ahead of Moahed Massaquoi as Cecil Shorts’ backup.
- Rookie Lonnie Prior is the backup at fullback behind Will Tu’ufo’ou.
- Tyson Alualu is listed as the starter at left defensive end, ahead of Jeremy Mincey.
- Alan Ball is the starter at right cornerback, no surprise there. But Mike Harris is listed as the #2 ahead of Marcus Trufant, who was signed as a free agent from Seattle, where he played for Gus Bradley.
- Despite not working in training camp due to a hamstring injury, rookie Johnathan Cyprien is listed as the starer at strong safety ahead of Chris Prosinski.
- Jordan Todman is listed as the starting kick returner ahead of Denard Robinson.
- Jordan Shipley is listed as the #1 punt returner ahead of Ace Sanders.
- In case you were wondering, the long snapper depth chart looks like this: Jeremy Cain, Carson Tinker, Luke Ingram.